- We are pleased to announce that Rabbi Steve Burnstein will be our guest speaker for the 2013 UIA Progressive Trust Campaign.
- Rabbi Burnstein has more than 25 years in Jewish education in both the US and Israel. After making aliyah in 1996, he served until 2003 as the Associate Director of the Pinat Shorashim Israel-Diaspora Seminar Center exploring the role of Israel in Jewish life. For the past five years he has been Director of Education and Marketing at IsraelExperts, exploring the centrality of Israel in Jewish Life through seminars, tours and educational materials. He is a member of Kehilat Birkat Shalom in Kibbutz Gezer, led by Rabbi Miri Gold, and also serves as assistant Rabbi and cantor for the community.
- Speaking engagements for Rabbi Burnstein:
- Wednesday 6 March – Temple David (Perth) evening function
- Thursday 7 March - Function for young adults (evening)
Friday 8 March – Boardroom lunch (Sydney CBD); Erev Shabbat services at North Shore Temple Emanuel (Sydney), followed by a communal Shabbat dinner
- Saturday 9 March – Shabbat morning service at Emanuel Synagogue; followed by Lunch and Learn at private home (details through Emanuel Synagogue)
- Sunday 10 March – Mini-Beutel session (9.30am-12.30pm) at Emanuel Synagogue
- Tuesday 12 March - Emanuel School visit
- Thursday 14 March – Day: King David School visit; Evening: "My Grandfather's Rocks" hosted by Kedem at private home (details through Kedem)
- Saturday 16 March – Shabbat morning services at Temple Beth Israel and presentation following service: "Israeli Culture through Music and Story"
For details about any of the above, please contact the UPJ office: (02) 9328 7644.