The Union for Progressive Judaism exists to honour our tradition, inform the present, and guide the future of our communities in the Australian, Asian and New Zealand region. This mission is fulfilled through:
- The establishment, strengthening and promotion of synagogues, schools and youth groups wherever there are Jews in this region searching for meaningful access to and expression of their modern Jewish values and life;
- Recruitment, training and placement of Jewish professionals;
- Sponsorship of programs and publications for youth, education, leadership development, and all aspect of community building;
- The pursuit of social justice and equal rights for all Jews, here and in Israel;
- Connecting and working with Progressive Jewish communities and organisations around the world to derive strength from one another.