This is a unique, unprecedented opportunity to visit Israel and grapple with legal issues facing Israeli society. This extraordinary seminar brings participants into contact with inspiring Israeli attorneys, judges, leaders and activists.
Please identify and encourage appropriate people from your community to take advantage of this amazing opportunity.
- Opening Dinner with Anat Hoffman, Executive Director of the Israel Religious Action Center
- Israel Supreme Court Justice (Emerita) Dalia Dorner on Israeli Democracy
- Introduction to the Israeli Legal System: Turkish, British and Jewish Law in Israeli Jurisprudence
- Legal Issues and the 'Occupation' - Attorney Yair Lootsteen, past Legal Advisor to the IDF in Judea and Samaria
- Issues of Religion and State - IRAC attorney Orly Erez-Likhovski
- Tour of the Supreme Court of Israel including a meeting with Israel Supreme Court Justice Elyakim Rubinstein
- Immigration and Refugees - Attorney Nicole Maor, Director of IRAC's Legal Aid Center for Olim
- Gender Segregation in the Public Sphere - Rabbi Noa Satath, Director of the Israel Religious Action Center
- Land, Ownership and Property Rights - Professor Rachelle Alterman, David Azrieli Chair of Town Planning at the Technion
- Racism, Free Speech and Hate Crimes - Attorney Ruth Carmi, IRAC
- Innovation, Intellectual Property and the Start-Up Nation - Dov Greenbaum, Intellectual property attorney, Law faculty of IDC Herzliya, Associate Professor at Yale University, and non-resident fellow at Stanford University's Center for Law and the Biosciences
Please note the seminar program and speakers are subject to change.
"Lawyers from overseas will never have a better chance to learn about Israeli law and society from practitioners, scholars and jurists who daily face the issues we read about. Whether you've been to Israel or not, you will leave with a much greater understanding of the conflicts, stresses and decision points that make legal life in Israel so fascinating."
-Honorable Peter A Buchsbaum, Judge of Superior Court (New Jersey), RET.
Registration Fee is $1200 USD per person.
INCLUDED: Participation in all sessions, and programs, opening dinner, 3 lunches, Monday evening cocktail reception, transportation for Supreme Court visit. There are no partial refunds for meals not taken or events/days skipped.
NOT INCLUDED: Travel to, from, and within Israel, airport taxes, airport transfers, passport and visa fees, border taxes (where applicable), hotel accommodations, breakfasts, meals not mentioned above, personal expenses, tips, health insurance, travel insurance, and other services not specifically indicated
Rates as of 1 December 2014
We strongly advise participants to reserve their hotel accommodations as soon as possible in order to guarantee these posted rates as well as availability at our host hotels.
Rates are based upon availability of rooms, first come, first served.